TravelvisionUK is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our visitors and users of our sites that communicate (online or offline) with us, over the phone or through our websites and social media platforms.
We comply fully with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR (EU) 2016/679).
What we collect
Your personal data (any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally, for example, name, address, phone number, email address) if collected, will be used by us. We’ll only collect the personal data that we need.
TravelvisionUK collects personal data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences with our website. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you subscribe to our updates or submit a comment. We also receive personal information from you every time you email us or send us your details.
We collect information automatically about your visit to our website. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form. For more information on this please see our cookies section below.
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however, we require at least the information above in order for us to deal with you as a service user in an efficient and effective manner.
If at any time you do not wish to receive communications from us and wish to be removed from our mailing list, you can do so by following one of the options listed in the ‘How to Access & Control Your Personal Data’ section below.
How we use what we collect
We’ll only use your personal data on relevant lawful grounds as permitted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purpose or purposes outlined in any fair processing notice in a transparent manner at the time of collection or registration where appropriate, in accordance with any preferences you express.
Your personal data may be collected and used to help us provide you with our products and services. If you choose to hear from us we may send you information based on the things you’ve told us about. We’ll only send these to you if you agree to receive them and we will never share your information with companies outside of TravelvisionUK for inclusion in their marketing.
We may contact you for the following:
To contact you, following your inquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- Make available our products and services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- For statistical analysis and to get feedback from you about our products, websites, mobile apps, and other services and activities. For example, occasionally we may invite you to review a product or service you’ve bought or used from us. If we do, it’s possible that we’ll use independent research and feedback providers to act on our behalf;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website and mobile apps;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you consume, so we can serve you better;
- Contact you about products and services from us;
- Provide you with online advertising and promotions; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who we may share data with
We may share your personal data with other organizations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk); or
- From time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. However, all the information we share will be collected and anonymized, so neither you nor any of your devices can be identified from it.
- How we keep you updated
- We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously consented to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices at any time.
- If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by contacting us.
Your rights over your information
Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 30 days from when your identity has been confirmed.
We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
Right to Correction Of Your Personal Information
- If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
- If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
- Right to Stop or Limit Our Processing of Your Data
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it anymore, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
- For more information about your privacy rights
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
The following are your rights under GDPR;
- The right to be informed – Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data.
- The right of access – Individuals have the right to access their personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to rectification – The GDPR gives individuals the right to have personal data rectified. Personal data can be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing – Individuals have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data
- The right to data portability – The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- The right to object – Individuals have the right to object to: processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that access to and the use of this Website is subject to the following terms and conditions. By using this Website Users are agreeing to be bound by such terms and conditions. Users returning to this Website are advised to check these terms and conditions as TravelvisionUK reserves the right to change them from time to time without notice.
Copyright © 2019 TravelvisionUK. The copyright in all material stored displayed and accessible on this Website is either by TravelvisionUK or duly licensed from third parties and protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
Users of this website may copy any material from this website for the purpose of communicating details about TravelvisionUK and its business activities but for no other purpose and shall not republish, store or reproduce any such material for the benefit of any third party or its business activities, including without limitation (a) use for advertising, brochures, editorial publications and (b) incorporating into or storing in any other Website or in any electronic retrieval system, without the prior written consent of TravelvisionUK.
Except as expressly provided, nothing in this Website shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any copyright of TravelvisionUK.
TravelvisionUK logo and “TravelvisionUK” are registered trademarks of TravelvisionUK. Nothing in this Website shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right to use any trademark of TravelvisionUK.
All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trademark owners and TravelvisionUK intends no infringement of such trademarks.
TravelvisionUK shall not be liable for any costs, losses, expenses or damages whether direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of profits, business revenue or goodwill) arising from the use or access of or inability to use or access, interruption or availability of this Website (including any third party linked Website) its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data, reliance on material contained on this Website (including any third party linked Website) or otherwise in respect of its use.
In addition, TravelvisionUK shall not be liable for any third party content submitted or accessed from this Website (including material submitted by users) and accordingly, any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information submitted by users, are those of the respective authors and any reference on this Website to any persons, products, Websites or services does not constitute or imply their endorsement or recommendation by TravelvisionUK, its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
Disclaimer of Warranties
This Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and TravelvisionUK makes no representations or warranties generally about the information included on this Website or any linked third party Websites. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that descriptions, dimensions, references to condition, necessary permissions for use, occupation and other details given are accurate, however, there may be inadvertent inaccuracies, omissions or errors and it is recommended that Users satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness. Any decisions based on the information contained on this Website (including any linked third party Websites) are the sole responsibility of the user. TravelvisionUK reserves the right to make modifications to the material on this Website without prior notice.
Users agree to use this Website only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on this Website any unlawful, harmful, abusive, threatening, harassing or defamatory material of any kind.
Security of Personal Data
TravelvisionUK will use reasonable endeavors to keep secure all information which users input on this Website (including any linked third party Websites) although it cannot fully guarantee such security as the Internet is not a secure medium of communication. TravelvisionUK is not, and will not be, responsible for any damages the user may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
The terms and conditions of use of this Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the English courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute relating to these terms and conditions or the use of this Website.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- your display preferences, such as contrast color settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
- Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
- Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
If you have any questions about the above or would like to get in touch, please use the contact form below: